Becoming detached from my phone and off-hours email access started over a year ago, and has progressed like this:
- Disable all push notifications (except Phone and Messages)
- Remove native Mail app plus Gmail and Outlook apps
- Install Moment App (tracks screen-time as motivation to use phone less)
- Remove Social Apps (I add these back from time to time, but generally keep them off. Instagram is the most-likely exception here.)
- Disable Safari access (via Restrictions)
- Disable App Store access (via Restrictions)
- Remove all apps from first screen.
- Black and White screen (via Accessibility options. Thanks Billie.)
- Permanent Do-Not-Disturb mode; allowing phone calls and messages from a very short list of people to buzz my phone.
- Remain committed to redoing many of these as they creep back in over time.
You should try it. I can help if you ask.